6 Tips for Safe and Secure Showings
- When assigning a lockbox to a new listing, be sure to change the access code from factory default settings to something that is secure.
- Lockbox codes should only be shared with other REALTORS® or those authorized according to your seller. These codes should never be shared with members of the public per Realcomp’s MLS policies. This infraction is fineable by $5,000.
Reminders for Showing Agents:
- If unauthorized, unaccompanied (by a REALTOR®) individuals are found to be trespassing at a listing, call the police.
- Secure the property by shutting and locking all doors and windows before leaving.
- Be sure to leave the property the way you found it.
- If you’ve printed any showing instructions that contain the lockbox code, be sure to properly dispose of them.
Source: Realcomp II Ltd.